SAFETY & SECURITY
INVENTORY SECURITY, LOSS PREVENTION
Extensive precautions are incorporated into United’s protection of your inventory both in terms of physical damage and loss or theft.
- Security fencing for 24/7 access control
- Video surveillance at security gate with security guards on duty or key-code access 24/7
- Restricted warehouse entry via alarmed doors. Access available only with electronic security ID badge
- Video monitoring with digital real-time viewing and recording on all warehouse doors and storage areas
- Cross-check and confirmation of personal identification and load IDs for carriers and drivers on every load
- Trailers secured and doors sealed appropriately following loading
- Cycle counts are routinely and relentlessly integrated into our process to discourage pilferage and to ensure continuous accuracy
Rigorous fire safety and prevention policies are in force, regularly reviewed, audited and relentlessly upheld:
- All buildings designed and constructed of fire-retardant materials
- ESFR high-output automated fire suppression system throughout
- Frequent and documented employee fire safety and fire extinguisher training
- Frequent fire inspections and regular fire equipment maintenance and testing
- Strict policies and procedures with documentation to segregate, isolate, and control flammables, aerosols, and hazardous materials
United serves a diverse list of food-grade businesses, including food ingredients and packaging, bulk food and grains, confectionaries and baked good manufacturing, soft drink and sports drink distribution and bottling, food distribution, pet food manufacturing and more. Most of these companies ship their products directly from our warehouse to their customers.
We maintain mastery knowledge of security and food safety standards such as C-TPAT, ASI Food Safety and the American Institute of Baking. United employees strictly adhere to food-grade warehousing standards. Our sanitation practices and procedures ensure that our facilities are clean, sanitary and well lit. Formal and informal inspections are regularly performed.